The Authority aims to protect and promote the public health, prevent disease, and raise the public preparedness to respond to public health emergencies by organizing the efforts between the relevant authorities.
The Public Health Authority serves the public by working to monitor, measure, evaluate, control, and prevent any risk factors related to the public health in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, including communicable and noncommunicable diseases, injuries, and other health challenges.
We do this by presenting innovation and evidence-based solutions, preparing a generation of public health and health education experts for practice, and acting as a resource for all health initiatives intended to promote wellness in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
In order to support our objectives, we pledge to focus on the following services:
- Conducting research and studies in the field of wellness promotion.
Monitoring and following diseases on a national and international level, and creating a database and exchanging information with international health organizations.
- Coordination with the appropriate authorities in devising plans, rules and regulations, as well as programs in the field of wellness promotion.
- Defining health problems and creating a national health register, using the results of research and data from other national databases.
- Acting as a national resource for detection and diagnosis of communicable and non-communicable diseases.
- Cooperation with the appropriate centres and authorities, both inside the Kingdom and abroad, for the promotion of wellness in addition to the prevention and control of diseases.
- Supervising health awareness and health education programs in the field of public health, with the cooperation of the private sector and various sectors of the community.
- Encouraging and maintaining legislation that promotes wellness and limits the spread of unhealthy habits.