Environment, prevention, social distancing
Guidelines and requirements related to the environment of open entertainment areas.
- Place floor stickers or visible signs to ensure social distancing for a distance of no less than one and a half to two meters in waiting areas such as entrances, ticketing places, food and beverage vending places, or restrooms.
- Chairs, seating, or waiting areas must be designed in a way that ensures social distancing for a distance of no less than one and a half to two meters.
- It is preferable to continue banning children from playing in public playgrounds in parks, gardens, and entertainment places, and setting up barriers and supervisors for that until a later stage.
- When opening the children’s playgrounds in the individual or group-based games areas in the next stage, the place must be periodically disinfected every two hours and crowding is prevented by reducing the capacity by half in a way that guarantees social distancing if possible by leaving some empty seats or separating Games by enough space, as well as assigning less supervisors of games, to reduce contact with children, and escorts should be prevented from entering with children as much as possible.
- Protocols for sports exercise and gymnasiums are applied to social activities and all entertainment activities in which there is physical participation, such as playing soccer in parks or beach volleyball in the beaches and other similar sports activities that require physical contact and close proximity.
- It is allowed to rent bicycles and mobile vehicles in recreational places, with paying attention to reduce contact and social distancing between individual and limit their capacity to one person only, with the need to disinfect them after each use.
- Putting barriers around public seats in outdoor entertainment areas and visitors must be urged to use their personal seats or bring their own family picnic mats.
- The capacity of outdoor recreational spaces must be minimized to ensure a distance of at least one and a half to two meters between each person to reduce crowding and assign security guards and volunteers to decrease any crowds and ensure that the visitors of the place are organized.
- Visiting recreational places must be in advance reservation through an application supervised by the responsible agency, to reduce crowding and facilitate the organization.
- Allocate some entrances and exits and assign employees at the doors to facilitate entry and exit process of the visitors, prevent crowding, and ensure that social distance for at least one and half meters is maintained.
- It is recommended to cancel or postpone large events and activities in entertainment venues, especially ones that are accompanied by crowding, jostling and close proximity between visitors such as musical shows or acrobatic performances.
- It is advised to cancel gatherings at the entertainment venues, and if there is a gathering within those places, it is advisable to divide the visitors of the place into small groups so as to apply social distancing by a distance of not less than one and a half to two meters.
- It is not recommended to use water parks due to possible crowding and physical contact and should be postponed.
- Hand sanitizers should be distributed and placed in prominent places at doors and toilets so that they are easily accessible for all visitors.
- Hand sanitizers must contain 60-80% of alcohol and meets the requirements of The Saudi Food and Drug Authority.
- Tissue paper should be provided and placed in prominent places.
- The environmental surfaces that are frequently touched by the visitors must be disinfected with disinfectants approved by the Saudi Food and Drug Authority, and to follow the instructions listed in the practical guide for cleaning and disinfection for public facilities to combat Covid-19 infection issued by the National Center for Disease Prevention and Control.
- Dirt must be removed with soap and water before the disinfection process begins.
- Assigning a worker for cleaning and disinfecting the toilets daily, ensuring good ventilation and reducing the temperature in them.
- Ensure that restrooms have toilets that work efficiently, and surfaces must be cleaned and disinfected after each use and providing at least 20% of handwashing supplies is mandatory.
- Prevent overcrowding at the bathrooms and toilets by placing floor posters or disable the use of a number of bathrooms or sinks so as to ensure a safe distance by a meter and a half to two meters between each person and another.
- A record of disinfection times for surfaces and toilets should be kept.
- Ensure good ventilation.
- Provide no-touch trash and distributed widely in recreational places, and the waste must be disposed of continuously.
- Health requirements and guidelines for the prevention of Covid-19 disease must be adhered to regarding restaurants or food carts and places designated for prayer in places of entertainment (please refer to the guidelines issued by the National Center for Disease Prevention and Control and the Ministry of Health to apply the health protocols regarding restaurants or mosques).
Protection and prevention
Guidelines and requirements related to protecting employees, visitors, customers, and those in charge of recreational places from the risks of infection with the novel coronavirus (Covid-19)
- Employees must reduce personal contact with customers and visitors, wear a mask when dealing with them, and adhere to social distancing at all times, as well as when selling tickets or food and drinks.
- Street vendors should be prohibited by restaurants and cafes, and the provision of food and drinks should be restricted to the designated places.
- Supervisors should be appointed to minimize gatherings between different families in general and social distancing should be maintained by a distance is no less than one and a half to two meters between each family.
- Emphasize washing hands with soap and water frequently for at least forty seconds each time, or to disinfect hands with an approved disinfectant for a period not less than twenty seconds in the absence of soap and water.
- Visitors and workers must wear fabric or medical masks and dispose of them in the proper way and in the designated place and prevent those who do not wear masks from entering or using recreational facilities.
- Participants in sports that require physical exertion in places of entertainment should not be forced to wear masks while practicing sports while maintaining an adequate distance between the participants.
- Make sure to wear protective equipment such as gloves in addition to masks when cleaning or disinfecting entertainment places and disposing of them in the proper way and in the designated place.
Epidemiological surveillance, reporting and surveillance
Epidemiological surveillance guidelines and requirements
- With the continuous screening and isolation procedures that occur according to the approved protocols, (Tawakkalna) application is used to ensure the employee’s health status concerning COVID-19 disease. If the employee’s status is positive or in contact with a positive case, all this will appear at the application, will not be allowed to enter the workplace.
- The employee can return to work after he completely recovers and checking that by updating his status in the Tawakkalna application.
- Establishing a checkpoint at all entrances that includes measuring the temperature with a device approved by the Saudi Food and Drug Authority and asking about respiratory symptoms, if any (cough or shortness of breath).
- Prevent visitors and customers who have a high temperature or respiratory symptoms from entering the area.
- Checking the temperature of all those in charge of recreational places and all workers daily before the start of the work period, recording the temperature and communication data and saving them in a dedicated record.
- Prevent any person in charge of recreational places with flu-like symptoms (fever, cough, runny nose, sore throat) from working or entering the place until the symptoms disappear, according to the attending physician’s report.
- Report cases among employees of recreational places and workers who have a high temperature or respiratory symptoms (cough or shortness of breath) and are suspected of having Covid-19 virus, and they must be prevented from entering recreational places, collect data and contact numbers for cases, and call 937 immediately to find out the directions required for their referral for the hospital.
- Prepare an isolation room at the workers housing for suspected cases in the residency designated in order for them to be isolated in it so that they can be contacted by the competent authorities. (Please review the health requirements guide for workers’ accommodations to combat Covid-19 disease)
- In the event that a confirmed case is registered among workers, the procedures and precautions mentioned in (the manual for dealing with suspected or confirmed cases of Covid-19 disease) issued by the Saudi Center for Disease Prevention and Control must be applied at the workplace.
- Cooperation with the Ministry of Health in the process of monitoring cases in contact with a confirmed case in order for the epidemiological investigation and quarantine procedures to be applied to them in accordance with the procedures followed by the public health team.
Awareness and education
Guidelines and requirements related to health awareness and education
- Workers, visitors, and employees of recreational places must be educated about the symptoms of the disease and the means of disease transmission and its danger and educated them to avoid going to these places in the event of any respiratory symptoms (coughing or shortness of breath) or a high temperature.
- Educate workers, visitors, and employees of entertainment places of the need to disclose any respiratory symptoms (cough or shortness of breath) or high temperature by calling 937.
- Place brochures at all entrances to entertainment places and in prominent places, and it is also preferable to share them when purchasing tickets by text messages, e-mail, or by printing them on tickets, and the brochures must include the following:
- Methods of disease transmission and prevention.
- Raise awareness of washing hands and avoiding touching the eyes, nose, and mouth before washing hands, and urge attention to personal and health care.
- Follow the etiquette of sneezing and coughing (use a tissue and dispose it as soon as possible, use the elbow by bending the arm).
- Constant reminding of the importance of adhering to the safety instructions, protection from disease, physical distancing, and preventing gatherings.
- Advise and urging the elderly and those with chronic diseases to postpone visiting entertainment places.
- Advise the community by visiting parks close to home and avoiding crowded places.
- Place a panel that includes a statement of the violating and the method for reporting them.
- Training employees at inspection points on the method of examination and the use of a temperature measuring device.
- Establish communication channels for those in charge of entertainment venues for breaching the requirements, reporting violations, and working to avoid them.
- Appoint supervisors responsible for implementing health requirements.
- Appoint trained security guards to prevent overcrowding and enforce social distancing.
- Conduct mandatory health and safety training on COVID-19 for all employees.