Entering is limited to fully vaccinated individuals according to the health status in Tawakkalna application (Immune), except for the groups who are not obligated to take the vaccine as appears in Tawakkalna application.
Prevention and Reporting:
- Fully vaccinated with two doses is a requirement to use buses within cities, and the health status in Tawakkalna for the passengers must be verified by the worker, except for some cases and age groups who are not obligated to take the vaccine as approved by the Ministry of Health.
- Employees must always wear masks while working.
- Customers must adhere to wear masks at stations and inside buses.
- Allow holding meetings and events with following the protocols that allocated to them.
Bus Station Requirements:
- Bus stops must be included in the protocols, while adhering to the following precautionary measures:
- Provide hand sanitizers in closed stops.
- Disinfection of stops regularly.
- Commit to wearing masks.
- Commit to social distancing and wearing masks inside the closed stops, if it is hard to verify the passengers’ health status in Tawakkalna.
- Only passengers with seat tickets are allowed to board the bus and prevent ticket purchases upon boarding.
- Encourage the use of electronic payment methods (such as: online, card and smartphone payment options).
- Use mechanisms to verify tickets without direct contact (such as: infrared or QR code scanners).
- Provide hand sanitizers and sanitary papers on counters and at entrances.
- Disinfection of bus station regularly.
- Allow the using of public areas at the stations (such as: lounges, and canteens) with following the protocols of restaurants and cafes.
- Smoking rooms should not be allowed.
- Disinfect of materials used in the stations periodically (such as: prayer rooms, ticketing machines, bus boarding counters, and waiting areas).
- Disinfect of toilets [after each use] and provide sanitary disposable seat covers.
- Use waste bins that work without touch.
- Leave an empty seat between each passenger and the other, with the possibility of pre-booking and sitting together for one family.
- Commit to wearing the masks inside the bus.
- Use the front door for buses to get on the bus and the back door for getting off.
- Disinfect bus compartments and other places that people frequently touched (such as doors and handles) at the end of each trip, or if passenger causes spread of droplets (such as: sneezing, coughing without a muzzle or vomiting).
- Prevent passengers from standing inside the bus.
- Use floor stickers to direct and maintain the social distancing (one and a half meters) and prevent congestion (such as: inside the bus, while getting on or off from the bus, and in the waiting areas).
Tracking and Reporting
- (Tawakkalna) application must be used to ensure the individual’s health status concerning COVID-19. If the individual status is positive or in contact with positive case, all this will appear at the application, will not be allowed to enter.
- The employee can return to work after he completely recovers and checking that by updating the health status in Tawakkalna application.
- Ask all employees to self-isolate at home and prevent them from coming to work when they are suspected of being infected.
- Follow the instructions of the Ministry of Health, the Public Health Authority and the relevant authorities regarding COVID-19 before allowing any of the employees to resume work (including employees returning from travel trips).
- Ask all employees to self-isolation if any of COVID-19 symptoms appear.
- If a confirmed case is registered amongst employees, protocols approved by the Ministry of Health, and the Public Health Authority must be applied.
- Record and track employees’ previous travel trips and their health status, including the list of employees who are in isolation.
- Prepare a list of employees who work together, work times and dates.
- Prepare an adequate, appropriate and equipped isolation rooms in the stations for cases that show symptoms until they are transferred to the health care center.
- Raise awareness about the disease’s symptoms, transition ways, and its seriousness, and prevent any employee from going to work if they developed any respiratory symptoms such as cough or shortness of breath or when they have fever.
- Educate employees about the importance of disclose any respiratory symptoms (coughing or shortness of breath) or high temperature by calling 937 and following the home isolation instructions.
- Use digital channels (e.g. social media, phone applications, and digital boards) and others ways such as placing stickers inside vehicles and at stations to raise the awareness among employees, passengers and drivers about COVID-19.
- Distribute awareness brochures at visible places, and translate them, including the following:
- Methods of disease transmission and prevention.
- Raise awareness of washing hands and avoiding touching the eyes, nose and mouth before washing hands, and urge attention to personal and health care.
- Follow the etiquette of sneezing and coughing (use a tissue and dispose it as soon as possible, use the elbow by bending the arm).
- The government agencies must carry out periodic monitoring visits to the sector to verify the compliance with the implementation of the preventive protocols, such as checking the health status of passengers, wearing masks, the availability of sterilizers, prevent passengers from standing inside buses, using electronic payment methods to purchase tickets, and disinfecting of the frequently touched surfaces.
- The government agencies supervising the operation of bus transportation services within cities – each according to its competence – shall set penalties against violators of the precautionary measures and preventive measures.
- The operating authorities should ensure that the drivers of these buses verify the health status in Tawakkalna and the implementation of the other preventive protocols.
- Assign protocol managers to ensure that established protocols issued by competent authorities are applied.
- Conduct mandatory health and safety training concerning COVID-19 for all employees and drivers.