- Encourage passengers to use electronic payment methods (such as online, card and smartphone payment options).
- Drivers who show symptoms [sneezing and coughing, or those with a temperature exceeding 38 degrees Celsius] should be isolated and prohibited from work.
- Encourage employees at greatest risk )according to Appendix A) to work remotely from home.
- Provide hand sanitizers inside buses and at the gates.
Getting on and off the Bus
- Ensure that passengers maintain the recommended physical distance (one and a half meters) at all times when getting on or off the bus.
- Use mechanisms to verify tickets without direct contact (such as: infrared or QR code scanners).
Inside the Bus
- Passengers should not be allowed to stand inside the bus during the trip.
- Passengers must commit to the same seat throughout the trip.
- Disinfect bus compartments and accessories that people share (such as doors and handles) [at the end of each trip, or if a passenger causes the spread of droplets (such as: sneezing or coughing without a muzzle or vomiting).
- In the event of a confirmed Covid-19 passenger, the bus must be suspended until complete disinfection (According to the directions of the Ministry of Health).
- Provide hand sanitizers and sanitary papers in the passenger compartment.
- The number of total passengers inside the bus should not exceed 50% of the total capacity of the bus, and maintain physical distancing inside the bus by following the recommended policy and leaving an empty seat at least between each passenger and the next.
- Only passengers with seat tickets are allowed to get on the bus, and individuals are not allowed to stand inside the bus.
- Require passengers to carry their luggage and personal belongings themselves while riding the bus.
- All passengers are required to wear fabric masks or what covers the nose and mouth when using buses.
- Drivers must wear fabric masks or what cover the nose and mouth at all times while working.
- They must apply preventive hygiene practices (such as using disinfectants)
- Avoid contact with passengers.
Tracking and Reporting
- Follow the instructions of the Ministry of Health and the relevant authorities regarding Covid-19 before allowing any of the employees to resume work (including employees coming back from travel).
- Ensure that a temperature test is performed, and the concerned authorities are informed about any driver whose temperature exceeds [38 degrees Celsius], and isolate the case until transportation to health facility is facilitated.
- Ask all employees to self-quarantine if any of the symptoms of Covid-19 appear.
- In the event of a confirmed case of Covid-19, the Ministry of Health must be notified immediately, and the Ministry of Health’s instructions directives should be followed regarding testing, tracking and isolation of suspected cases.
- Record and track employees’ previous travel trips and their health status, including the list of employees who are in self-quarantine.
- Record and track lists of employees who work together, shifts and dates.
- Using digital channels (such as: social media sites, phone applications, text messages, digital boards), and other channels (such as placing stickers inside the vehicle and at the stations) to raise awareness among employees, passengers and drivers about Covid-19, in alignment with the directives of the Ministry of Health.
- Customer(s) should be provided with directions on sanitizing their hands before and after using the bus.
- Mandatory training on health and safety for COVID-19 for all employees and drivers.