- With the continuous screening and isolation procedures that occur according to the approved protocols, (Tawakkalna) application is used to ensure the employee’s health status concerning COVID-19 disease. If the employee’s status is positive or in contact with a positive case, all this will appear at the application, will not be allowed to enter the workplace.
- The employee can return to work after he completely recovers and checking that by updating his status in Tawakkalna application.
- Entering must be limited to immunized people (immune, immune by first dose, and immune by recovery) according to the status update in Twakkalna application for those who have exceeded the age allowed to receive the vaccine. Exceptions are made to groups that are not obligated to take the vaccine (according to the age group or health status) as issued by the Ministry of Health or the Public Health Authority.
- A checkpoint must be set up at the facility and should include taking the temperature with a device approved by the General Food and Drug Authority and asking the client whether he/she suffers from any symptoms of respiratory infection (cough or shortness of breath).
- Train staff at the inspection points on the method of examination and the use of a temperature measuring device.
- Clients who have a high temperature (38 ° C or more) or symptoms of respiratory infection (cough or shortness of breath) must be stopped from entering the facility.
- Require the service provider to take client data (name and mobile number) for reference in case of an epidemiological investigation.
- Report a case that has a high temperature or symptoms of respiratory infection and is suspected of being infected with Covid-19, specify the data and contact numbers for the case, and call 937 immediately to find out the directions required to transfer the case to the hospital.
- In the event that a confirmed case is registered among the workers, the following must be done:
- Communicate with the General Directorate of Health Affairs in the same region.
- Disinfect the place well, especially the section of the infected person.
- Ensure that there is no source of infection by examining and isolating other workers.
- Cooperate with the MOH in the process of monitoring contacts in the event of a confirmed case, in order to apply the epidemiological investigation and quarantine procedures according to the procedures followed.
Awareness and Education
- Rely on official sources to obtain information on Covid-19 disease (official sources include the MOH and the PHA).
- Post awareness posters at all entrances and at visible places, to be written in different languages, and to include the following:
- Methods of disease spread and prevention.
- Awareness of washing hands and avoiding touching the eyes, nose, and mouth before washing hands, and urging attention to personal care and health care.
- Follow the etiquette of sneezing and coughing (use the tissue and dispose of it as soon as possible, use the elbow by bending the arm).
- Educate the elderly or those with chronic diseases on going to the service of massages, Moroccan baths, saunas, and steam.
- Put up a board that includes a statement of the acts violating health requirements and the method for reporting them.
- Provide workers at the entrance with the safety and protection of professionals, including gloves and masks.
- Clients are required to sterilize their hands before entering and to wear cloth or medical masks while inside the facility.
- It is preferable to oblige the customers to bring their own supplies, such as a towel, etc.
- Requiring the service provider of massage, Moroccan bath, and specialized care to use single-use supplies for each client such as towels, loofahs, and soap.
- Ensure that all used products such as lotions and creams are placed in a sealed container after use, otherwise dispose of and replace them.
- The service provider for massage, Moroccan bath, and specialized care must wear personal protective equipment for professionals, including a mask, gloves, face protector, or safety glasses and gown when dealing with the client.
- Owners and staff in charge of service providers must follow preventive instructions and instructions to employees and within the place (number of clients in the place, the specified distance between clients).
- Prevent any worker who has symptoms of respiratory infection (fever, cough, runny nose, or sore throat) from working and isolate him until he is examined for Covid-19 disease and make sure that he is completely cured and free of symptoms according to the report of the treating doctor.
- Emphasize that employees pay attention to washing hands with soap and water frequently for at least forty seconds each time or sterilizing the hands with an approved sterilizer for a period of not less than twenty seconds.
- Steam rooms and saunas must be used by one person at a time. The service provider must guide the client to a seating place different from the one used by the previous client, with the importance of disinfecting the sitting place and door handles after each use. The client must be asked to disinfect hands before entering.
- It is preferable to open the doors of saunas, steam rooms, and Moroccan baths after each client to replenish air.
Instructions and Requirements Related to The Target Facility Environment
- Hand sanitizers – containing 60-80% alcohol – should be placed at visible locations such as at the entrance, the cashier area, restrooms, and the sitting area.
- Commitment to disinfecting surfaces on a daily basis with disinfectants approved by the Food and Drug Authority (sodium hypochlorite) and following the instructions shown on the packages. Focus on the places or tools that the clients use and touch frequently such as chairs, door handles, tables, elevator switches, etc.
- The dirt should be removed with soap and water before disinfection.
- Ensure that toilets are regularly disinfected with approved disinfectants while keeping a record of disinfection times.
- Rearrange the chairs to apply social distancing.
- Regularly change or clean air filters of ventilation devices, especially air conditioners.
- Provide no-touch waste bins, and the waste must be disposed of continuously.
Reception and Accounting Area
- Encourage the use of electronic payment methods and avoid dealing with cash as much as possible.
- Remove all unnecessary items such as magazines and reading materials that clients may touch frequently.
- Place a transparent barrier in front of the cashier and reception area, with stickers placed on the floor in front of the cashier area, to ensure a distance of one and a half to two meters between clients.
- Clients must disinfect their hands before entering the massage station and after exiting.
The Area for Massage or Personal Care
- Cleaning and disinfecting of the massage or personal care area should be done at the beginning of every working day and after every client.
- A single-use towel must be used in the massage room, or require the clients to bring their own towels.
- Clean and disinfect all towel baskets and waste containers periodically and after every use.
- Dispose of any tools that may be contaminated due to improper use of the methods to be followed and replace it with new products.
- Eliminate single-use items and nail care tools that have been used previously.
- Ensure the ventilation of the massage and personal care area.