- Allow all incoming and outgoing regular and express mail and delivery shipments (while following the instructions of the Saudi Center for Disease Prevention and Control and local authorities)
- Determine the number of people permitted to use the vehicle to maintain the recommended physical distance [one and a half meters] between individuals (For example: one person only for small vehicles and two people for large vehicles – with the exception of armored transport cars with the necessity to maintain the recommended physical distance).
- The number of people allowed to use the vehicle for food delivery services is limited to the vehicle driver only.
- Continuous application of vehicle cleaning and disinfection practices [passenger compartment and shipping container after each work shift].
- Provide paper tissue and hand sanitizers for deliverymen.
Delivery services and staff
- Deliverymen must maintain the recommended physical distance [one and a half meters] at all times between employees and customers during loading and unloading of goods.
- Deliverymen must disinfect hands before and after each order is delivered [especially when delivering food].
- Deliverymen and employees must wear gloves and fabric masks at all times during work and avoid touching the mouth, nose and eyes while wearing gloves.
- Require employees to adhere to preventive hygiene practices (for example use alerts to remind employees to wash hands and disinfect offices when dealing with different batches of mail shipments and between work shifts).
- Avoid physical contact to confirm that shipments are received upon delivery.
- Employees showing symptoms [a temperature over 38 ° C] should be isolated and prohibited from work.
- Deliverymen showing symptoms [a temperature over 38 ° C] should be isolated and prohibited from work.
Offices, shipments and warehouses
- Encourage the receipt of shipments by delivering shipments to the customer’s address, and limit the receipt of shipments from offices and branches.
- Use timetables for shipments delivery to ensure that there is no congestion in the delivery centers.
- Use visible floor stickers and barriers to organize queues, and to ensure physical distance is applied (such as at entrances, shipments receiving area).
- Provide hand sanitizers and paper tissues on counters, at parcel lockers and entrances. In addition, provide sanitary disposable seat covers in toilets.
- Frequent disinfection of public areas and materials shared by employees must be done constantly and between different shifts (for example parcel lockers, touch screens, prayer rooms, etc.).
- Use no-touch waste bins.
- Follow administrative sector protocols.
Tracking and reporting
- With the continuous screening and isolation procedures that occur according to the approved protocols, (Tawakkalna) application is used to ensure the employee’s health status concerning COVID-19 disease. If the employee’s status is positive or in contact with a positive case, all this will appear at the application, will not be allowed to enter the workplace.
- The employee can return to work after he completely recovers and checking that by updating his status in Tawakkalna application.
- Follow the instructions of the Ministry of Health and relevant authorities regarding COVID-19 before allowing any of the employees to resume work (including those returning from travel).
- Ensure that the staffs’ temperature is checked, and inform the relevant authorities of any employee or driver with a temperature higher than 38 degrees Celsius. The case must be isolated until she/he is transferred to a health care facility.
- If a there is a positive COVID-19 infection, the Ministry of Health must be notified immediately, and its directions must be followed regarding testing, tracking and isolation of suspected cases.
Awareness and implementation of regulations
- Assign office protocol managers to ensure that protocols issued by relevant authorities are followed.
- Conduct mandatory health and safety training on COVID-19 for all employees.
- Provide instructions to customers and employees, to disinfect their hands before and after using shared facilities.
- Encourage customers to pay in advance for service (via electronic payment channels), by taking advantage of various communication channels and payment technologies.
- Use digital channels (such as social media, phone applications, and text messages), and other means (such as placing stickers inside vehicles and warehouses) to raise awareness of employees, drivers and customers about COVID-19, in alignment with the Ministry of Health guidelines.
- Place information panels at entrances clarifying the importance of commitment to maintaining health and safety and updates related to COVID-19.