Environment and Social Distancing
Guidelines and Requirements Related to the Indoor Entertainment Environment
- Floor stickers or clear signs indicating standing places must be placed to ensure social distancing of no less than one and a half to two meters in waiting areas such as, at entrances, ticketing window, vending machines, or toilets.
- The principle of social distancing should be applied among members of a musical troupe or a theater group, leaving a distance of no less than one and a half meters. Reduce the number of organizers and members of the group if possible, and the audience’s participation in the activities, and coming up to the stage must be prohibited to prevent crowding.
- Seating or standing areas must be designed in a way to ensure social distancing of no less than one and a half to two meters.
- It is advised not to conduct activities that involve community or physical participation.
- The capacity of indoor entertainment venues must be reduced to ensure a distance of at least one and a half to two meters between each people to reduce congestion. Assign security guards and volunteers as organizers to disperse any congestion and ensure organization of the visitors.
- It is preferable to visit entertainment venues through prior reservation by visitors, through an application supervised by the agency responsible for entertainment venues in order to reduce crowding and large gatherings at the site, and to facilitate the organization of visits.
- Certain entrances and exits must be allocated, with organizers placed at the doors to ensure entry and exit processes of visitors, prevent crowding, and ensure distance between them. It is preferable for the organizers to be from security guards and volunteers.
- It is advised to cancel or postpone large events and activities in entertainment venues, especially activities accompanied by crowding or closeness between visitors.
- It is advised to cancel gatherings at the entertainment venue. If there is a gathering within the venue, it is advisable to divide the visitors into groups of no more than four people to ensure the application of social distancing of no less than one and a half to two meters.
- It is not recommended to play in water entertainment venues due to the possibility of crowding and physical contact, and it should be postponed until after the epidemic recedes.
- Hand sanitizers should be distributed and placed in visible places such as, near doors and in toilets so that they are easily accessible by all visitors.
- Ensure that hand sanitizers contain 60-80% of alcohol and meet the requirements of the Food and Drug Authority.
- Paper tissue should be distributed and placed at visible places.
- Surfaces that are more likely to be touched by visitors such as, door handles, tables, seat cushions, etc., must be frequently disinfected with disinfectants approved by the Food and Drug Authority and follow the instructions in “The practical guide to cleaning and disinfection for public facilities to combat COVID-19″issued by the Saudi Center for Disease Prevention And Control.
- Dirt must be removed with soap and water, before the disinfection process begins.
- Children and adults ’games in game halls or amusement parks should be disinfected frequently after each use or every two hours. Ensure that the capacity is reduced by half and empty seats are left to ensure social distancing. Games that may lead to crowding and physical contact between individuals must not be used.
- The carrying capacity of the cable cars must be reduced by half. It is preferable if the cable car’s passengers are friends or from one family, provided that their number does not exceed five people, in a manner that guarantees no crowding.
- Cable cars must be disinfected continuously, preferably after the disembarkation of each batch of passengers, if possible. Ensure opening cable cars windows to allow good ventilation, and make sure to have hand sanitizers inside them.
- Visitors should be obliged to wear masks when embarking cable cars, and it is preferable not to embark children, the elderly, or people most vulnerable to disease.
- It is preferable to equip toilets with self-running taps to avoid the transmission of infection through touch.
- Clean and disinfect toilets daily, preferably every two hours. Ensure good ventilation and reduce the temperature inside them.
- Ensure that toilet rooms have working toilet seats, and that surfaces are cleaned and disinfected after each use.
- Prevent crowding in toilets by placing floor stickers or disrupting the use of a number of toilets or sinks to ensure a safe distance of one and a half to two meters between each person.
- A schedule of disinfection times for surfaces and toilets should be kept.
- Ensure good ventilation and reduce the temperature in entertainment venues.
- It is preferable to have waste bins that work without the need to touch distributed widely in entertainment venues. Waste must be disposed continuously.
- Restaurants and prayers areas located inside indoors entertainment venues must adhere to health requirements and guidelines for the prevention of Covid-19 (please refer to the guidelines issued by the Saudi Center for Disease Prevention and Control regarding restaurants or mosques).
Protection and Prevention
Instructions and requirements related to protecting employees, visitors, customers and those in charge of entertainment venues from the risk of infection with COVID-19, through the following:
- Employees must reduce personal contact with customers and visitors, wear masks and gloves when dealing with them, and adhere to social distancing at all times, as well as when selling tickets or food and drinks.
- Street vendors should be prohibited by restaurants and cafes inside entertainment venues. Restrict providing food and beverages to the places designated for that.
- Supervisors should be assigned to reduce gatherings between different families and ensure social distancing, provided that there is a distance between each family and the other of no less than one and a half to two meters.
- Emphasize washing hands with soap and water frequently for at least 40 seconds each time or disinfect them with an approved disinfectant for a period of no less than 20 seconds in the absence of soap and water.
- Ensure that visitors and employees are wearing cloth or medical masks and disposing of them in the proper way and in the designated place.
- Emphasize the importance of wearing protective equipment such as gloves and masks when cleaning or disinfecting entertainment venues, and disposing of them in the proper way and in the designated place.
Epidemiological Surveillance, Reporting and Tracking
Epidemiological Surveillance Guidelines and Requirements
- Establish an inspection point at all entrances that includes measuring the temperature with a device approved by the Food and Drug Authority and asking about respiratory symptoms, if any (cough or shortness of breath).
- Prevent visitors and customers who have a high temperature or respiratory symptoms from entering the venue.
- Measure the temperature of all employees and personnel in charge of entertainment venues daily before the start of the work period. Write their temperature and contact information and save them in a dedicated record.
- Prevent anyone from the personnel in charge of entertainment venues with flu-like symptoms (fever, cough, runny nose, sore throat) from coming to work or entering the venue until the symptoms have resolved according to the report of the treating physician.
- Report cases among entertainment personnel and employees who have a high temperature or respiratory symptoms (cough or shortness of breath), and are suspected of having COVID-19. They must be prevented from entering the entertainment venue. Determine the data and contact numbers for cases, and call 937 immediately to find out directions required to refer them to hospital.
- If there is housing for workers, it is preferable to prepare an isolation room for suspected cases to be until they can be contacted by the competent authorities. (Please review the health requirements guide for workers’ accommodations to combat COVID-19).
- In the event that a confirmed infection is registered among personnel in charge of entertainment venues, the procedures and precautions contained in “The manual for dealing with suspected or confirmed cases of COVID-19 at the workplace” issued by the Saudi Center for Disease Prevention and Control must be applied.
- Cooperate with the Ministry of Health in the process of tracking cases who came in contact with a confirmed case, for epidemiological investigation and quarantine procedures to be applied on them in accordance with the procedures followed by the public health team.
Awareness and Education
Guidelines and Requirements Related to Health Awareness and Education
- Employees, visitors and personnel in charge of entertainment venues must be educated about the symptoms of the disease, means of its transmission and its severity. In addition, they must be educated to avoid going to entertainment venues in case they experience high temperature or any respiratory symptoms (coughing or shortness of breath).
- Educate employees, visitors and personnel in charge of entertainment venues on the need to disclose any respiratory symptoms (coughing or shortness of breath) or high temperature by calling 937.
- Distribute awareness brochures at all entrances to entertainment venues and at visible places. It is also preferable to distribute them when purchasing tickets either by text messages, e-mail, or by printing them on tickets. It is preferable for them to be written in different languages and include the following:
- Methods of disease transmission and prevention.
- Raising awareness of washing hands and avoiding touching the eyes, nose and mouth before washing hands, and urging attention to personal and health care.
- Following the etiquette of sneezing and coughing (use a tissue and dispose of it as soon as possible, use the elbow by bending the arm).
- Constant reminding of the importance of adhering to safety instructions, protection from disease, physical distancing, and preventing gatherings.
- Emphasizing avoid touching the windows of the cable cars, or sticking the face to the window during the ride.
- Raising awareness and urge the elderly and those with chronic diseases to postpone visiting entertainment venues.
- It is preferable to place a panel that includes a statement of violations method of reporting them.
- It is preferable to establish communication channels for personnel in charge of entertainment venues to report violations and work on avoiding them.
- Train staff at inspection points on the method of examination and use of a temperature measuring device.
- Assign supervisors responsible for implementing health requirements.
- Assign trained security guards to prevent crowding and apply social distancing.
- Conduct mandatory health and safety training on COVID-19 for all employees.