Starting from August 1, 2021
- Every worker and employee will be required to get vaccinated against COVID-19 as shown in Twakkalna application (immune by first dose- immune – immune by recovery).
- Entering must be limited to immunized people (immune, immune by first dose and immune by recovery) according to the statues update in Twakkalna application. Exceptions are made to groups that are not obligated to take the vaccine (according to the age group (under 13 years) or health status) as issued by the Ministry of Health or the Public Health Authority.
- Regarding employees at risk of infection, they must return to work after taking the required doses of the vaccine (according to the definition attached in Appendix No. 1).
- The working hours will be according to the regulations followed before COVID-19 pandemic unless directives are issued otherwise.
- Take customers’ temperature at entrances and prevent customers whose temperature exceeds [38 degrees Celsius] from entering the store.
- Prevent customers who are not committed to wearing a mask or anything that covers the nose and mouth from entering.
- Use visible floor stickers to organize queues in crowded places to ensure physical distancing between customers (such as entrances, exits, elevators, and toilets).
The absorptive capacity:
- Malls and commercial complex: the capacity is determined by one customer for every 12 square meters of the building’s internal space (prayer areas, toilets, parking, and the space designated for activities are not included from the building’s space. set up signs that show the customer’s capacity.
- Stores inside malls and commercial complex: the capacity is determined by one customer for every 9 square meters of the store’s internal space.
- Stores outside malls and commercial complex: the capacity is determined by one customer for every 9 square meters of the store’s internal space. Prayer areas, toilets are not included in the store’s space.
- Workers are not included in the number of absorptive capacities.
Gathering management mechanism:
- Tawakkalna application must be used to control the capacity of shops, malls, and complex with a capacity of more than 100 people (excluding workers).
- Shops, malls, and commercial complex that are obligated to use Tawakkalna application for the management of gatherings must increase the space and capacity on Tawakkalna in accordance with the regulations, and the competent authorities will check the validity of the data.
- It is sufficient for malls and commercial complex to measure the customers’ temperature at the entrances.
- Eating and drinking are not permitted except in the designated places for that.
- The facility management must prevent sell to any violators of the precautionary measures (such as not wearing the mask correctly or not practicing social distancing), and force them to go out from the facility.
- Use visible floor stickers to show physical distances between employees and customers in crowded workplaces (such as customer service offices).
- Take the temperature of the employees daily. Prevent employees or employees of external parties whose temperature exceeds [38 degrees Celsius] from entering the store.
- All employees must wear personal protective equipment (fabric masks or whatever covers the nose and mouth) at all times during work.
- Prevent employees at high risk of infection (as per the definition attached in Appendix A) from coming to work and oblige them to work remotely from home.
- Open fitting rooms with the following requirements:
- Provide hand sanitizers at the entrance of the rooms.
- The waiting area must be outside the fitting room with placing signs of social distance (one and a half meters).
- Monitor the fitting rooms to ensure there is no crowding and the customers obligated to the distance signs.
- Ensure good ventilation inside the rooms.
Store / Warehouse
- Maintain recommended social distancing of one and a half meters between customers and employees in crowded areas of the store at all times (such as entrances, exits, and customer service counters).
- Use floor paint for escalators to ensure using it by one person at a time (with a 6-stairs distance between people).
- Encourage payment through electronic payment devices (such as online payment options, bank cards, and smartphones).
- Disinfect facilities and all surfaces frequently touched by employees and customers (such as cash counting machines, shelves, and toilets) at least once daily.
- Disinfect trolleys and shopping baskets after each use (if any).
- Ensure that dedicated hand sanitizers are placed in shared areas, toilets, and near frequently used doors for disinfection after each use.
- It is allowed to use touching screens (such as information screens and Absher service devices and the like) by requiring the following:
- Place social distance signs near touching devices to ensure that social distance of not less than one and a half meters is applied between individuals.
- Hand sanitizers and awareness signs explaining the importance of hand sanitizing should be placed beside the devices.
- Assign supervisor and security guard near devices with high crowding to organize people and prevent crowding.
- Dispose of materials that employees share (such as pens used to fill in worksheets, and shared devices such as drinking water devices, etc.).
- Use no-touch waste bins, and constantly dispose of waste.
- Allow using parking spaces without restrictions, and permit valet parking.
- Allow full access to the mall and its facilities, including sitting and dining areas, prayer areas, cinemas, and game halls, with the necessity to apply health protocols for each facility.
- Allow restaurants and lounges designated for food to be opened, with the necessity to adhere to restaurant and cafe protocols.
- Allow opening of entertainment and game venues, including those designated for children, with the necessity to follow protocols for entertainment venues.
- With the continuous screening and isolation procedures that occur according to the approved protocols, (Tawakkalna) application is used to ensure the employee’s health status concerning COVID-19 disease. If the employee’s status is positive or in contact with a positive case, all this will appear at the application, will not be allowed to enter the workplace.
- The employee can return to work after he completely recovers and checking that by updating his status in Tawakkalna application.
- Prepare isolation rooms in case of suspected COVID-19 infection.
- Take the temperature of employees and prevent anyone whose temperature exceeds 38 degrees Celsius from entering the workplace. The employee must adhere to home isolation, and she/he must be notified of the importance of visiting a doctor and bringing a medical review notice.
- If a confirmed infection is registered among employees, the protocols approved by the Ministry of Health, and the Saudi Center for Disease Prevention and Control must be applied.
- Tawakkalna application is used according to the province emirate, to ensure a person’s (employees or visitors) health status concerning COVID-19 disease. If the person’s status is positive or in contact with a positive case, all this will appear at the application, will not be allowed to enter the workplace.
Awareness and Implementation of Regulations
- Educate customers and employees on adhering to updated safety instructions (such as physical distancing, hand washing, and surface disinfection).
- Place a panel at the entrance to the facility that includes a statement of violations.
- Mechanism to prevent crowding at entrances and exits must be applied, including the following:
- Assign sufficient guards at malls’ gates to prevent crowding.
- Mall management must provide curved waiting lines at gates to ensure social distance and ban crowding and prevent anyone who violates the precautions measures.
- Allow people who have prepaid movie tickets to enter and go directly to the designated lounges, with applying the cinema protocols.
- Place signages at malls and commercial complex gates that show the capacity and the importance of social distance.
- Malls, commercial complexes, and shops obligated to use Tawakklana application must provide the barcode sticker for Tawakklna at entrances and exits and ensure that every customer (excluding workers) scans the barcode before entering and when leaving.
- Place social distance signs in the outdoor areas and at entrances to prevent crowding.
- Security guards must ensure that no one leaves the malls until logging out from Tawakkalna application.
- Designate a channel to receive opinions and feedback from customers and employees, to report breaches of protocols, or to suggest any new ideas, such as e-mail, accounts on social media, or phone numbers.