Entering is limited to fully vaccinated individuals according to the health status in Tawakkalna application (Immune), except for the groups who are not obligated to take the vaccine as appears in Tawakkalna application.
- All customers are required to wear cloth masks at the entrances.
- Limit the entry to wholesale auctions of vegetables, fruits, fish and the like to merchants and suppliers. Ensure commitment to social distancing in the wholesale auction (using floor stickers to help organize clients).
- The absorptive capacity shall be assured a social distance between individual (one and a half meters), and floor stickers must be placed in areas that available for people.
- Tighten control over the public benefit markets to ensure the application of social distancing without allocating space for everyone and oblige them to apply social distancing and prevent crowding.
- All employees must wear fabric masks at all times during work.
- Assign a community leader to carry out regulatory work and monitoring.
- Use visible floor stickers to oblige separation between employees and customers in crowded workplaces (such as auction areas).
- Allow goods to be tested (for example testing food samples).
- Disinfect and clean refrigerators and containers used to deliver the goods, also the incoming shipments before storing them, unless this leads to their damage (such as: books, etc.) (This can be done during the quality check).
- Minimize employee hand handling of materials throughout the material storage journey (incoming materials, outgoing materials, and when arranging materials in the market).
- Covering exposed goods while in transit (example packing food while in transit).
Store / Warehouse
- Ensure that a dedicated hand sanitizer is placed in shared areas, toilets, and near frequently used doors for disinfection after each use.
- Encourage payment through electronic points of sale (i.e. online payment options, credit card and smart phone).
- Disinfect facilities and all surfaces that are touched by staff and customers (such as cash counters, shelves, and toilets), [at least once per day].
- Disinfect trolleys and shopping baskets after each use
- Ensure that there are no-touch waste bins and constantly collect and dispose of wastes.
- Impose a minimum social distancing of one and a half meters between customers and employees in busy areas of the store at all times (such as entrance, vegetable area, exits, etc.).
- Use floor paint on escalator floor to indicate that only one person can use it at a time (and to ensure a 6-stairs distance between people).
- The employees must avoid sharing tools (such as pens used to fill in working papers, and shared devices such as drinking water devices, etc.).
- With the continuous screening and isolation procedures that occur according to the approved protocols, (Tawakkalna) application is used to ensure the employee’s health status concerning COVID-19 disease. If the employee’s status is positive or in contact with a positive case, all this will appear at the application, will not be allowed to enter the workplace.
- The employee can return to work after he completely recovers and checking that by updating his status in Tawakkalna application
- Provide isolation rooms in case there is a suspected infection of COVID-19.
- If there is a positive infection of COVID-19 for an employee, inform the concerned authorities. Adhere to directives issued by concerned authorities.
- Tawakkalna application is used according to the province emirate, to ensure a person’s ( employees or visitors) health status concerning COVID-19 disease. If the person’s status is positive or in contact with a positive case, all this will appear at the application, will not be allowed to enter.
Awareness and Implementation
- Assign a protocol manager, and direct the security and safety department (if any) to support him/her with security men at the entrances, exits and inside the store to ensure that the established protocols are followed.
- Educate customers and employees to adhere to updated safety instructions (such as: physical distancing, hand washing, and surface disinfection).
- Place a panel that includes a statement of violations at the entrance to the facility.