- Take customers’ temperature at entrances, and prevent customers whose temperature exceeds [38 Celsius degrees] from entering the market.
- All customers are required to wear cloth masks at the entrances.
- Restrict entry to wholesale auctions of vegetables, fruits, fish and the like to merchants and suppliers. Ensure commitment to social distancing in the wholesale auction (using floor stickers to help organize clients).
- Use visible floor stickers to oblige separation between employees and customers in crowded workplaces (such as auction areas).
- Take the temperature of the employees daily, and prevent any employee or employee of external parties whose temperature exceeds [38 Celsius degrees] from entering the market.
- All employees must wear fabric masks at all times during work.
- Assign a community leader to carry out regulatory work and monitoring.
- Allow materials to be tested (for example testing food samples).
- Disinfect and clean refrigerators and containers used in the delivery of materials. Disinfect and clean incoming shipments before storing them, unless this leads to their damage (such as: books, etc.) (This can be done during the quality check).
- Minimize employee hand handling of materials throughout the material storage journey (incoming materials, outgoing materials, and when arranging materials in the market).
- Covering exposed goods while in transit (example packing food while in transit).
Store / Warehouse
- Impose a minimum physical distancing of one and a half meters between customers and employees in busy areas of the store at all times (such as entrance, vegetable area, exits, etc.).
- Use floor paint on escalator floor to indicate that only one person can use it at a time (and to ensure a 6-stairs distance between people).
- Ensure that a dedicated hand sanitizer is placed in shared areas, toilets, and near frequently used doors for disinfection after each use.
- Encourage payment through electronic points of sale (i.e. online payment options, credit card and smart phone).
- Disinfect facilities and all surfaces that are touched by staff and customers (such as cash counters, shelves, and toilets), [at least once per day].
- Disinfect trolleys and shopping baskets after each use
- It is preferable for employees to avoid sharing tools (such as pens used to fill in working papers, and shared devices such as drinking water devices, etc.).
- Ensure that there are no-touch waste bins and constantly collect and dispose of waste.
- Provide isolation rooms in case there is a suspected infection of COVID-19.
- Take the temperature of the employees, and inform the concerned authorities of any person whose temperature exceeds [38 Celsius degrees]. Isolate the employee until she/he is referred to a health care facility (according to the instructions of the concerned authorities).
- If there is a positive infection of COVID-19 for an employee, inform the concerned authorities. Adhere to directives issued by concerned authorities.
Awareness and Implementation
- Assign a protocol manager, and direct the security and safety department (if any) to support him/her with security men at the entrances, exits and inside the store to ensure that the established protocols are followed.
- Educate customers and employees to adhere to updated safety instructions (such as: physical distancing, hand washing, and surface disinfection).
- Place a panel that includes a statement of violations at the entrance to the facility.