Before entering the workplace
- Not allowing employees at risk of infection (according to the definition attached in Appendix No. 1) to come to work and obliging them to work from home.
- Limiting the entry of government buildings to the employees or those holding pre-confirmed appointments while allowing delivery companies (parcels, food, etc.) to enter the buildings and floors for delivery.
- In case there are visitors in the building, it is necessary to wear cloth masks or whatever covers the nose and mouth for all the visitors and to let a limited number at the same time to the area allocated for the visitors (one visitor per 9 square meters), as well as to keep a safe distance for sitting between the visitors.
- Urging government bodies to adopt and implement an electronic appointment system to schedule visitors’ appointments at these bodies.
Transportation to work
Follow social protocols and transportation sector protocols.
- Eid Gatherings and events are prohibited.
- Shaking hands is prohibited.
- Reorganize office area, ensure physical distance between employees (one and a half meters).
- If there is more than one entrance, designate one for entry and the other for exit.
- Take the temperature of the employees and deny entry for anyone whose temperature exceeds 38 degrees Celsius.
- Apply a policy of “flexible working hours” to all employees (such as: the starting time of work is between 07:30 and 09:30).
- Hold digital meetings as much as possible, and in case face-to-face meetings are required, there should be distance between people (one and a half meters).
- If there is more than one stair onside the building, designate one for go down and the other for going up.
- Use floor stickers to indicate the safe distance that must be left between people in queues at entrances and exits.
- Clean and disinfect all vital areas, surfaces, and common tools well and periodically according to a clear schedule.
- All employees must wear cloth face masks when entering the workplace, and they must be sure to use them throughout their stay in public areas at the workplace.
- Moving between different work areas in the office without disinfecting hands is prohibited.
- Use paper or personal cups for drinks.
- Apply physical distance using floor stickers and spacers.
- Apply restaurant protocols when eating with company in government facilities.
- Ration daycare units.
- It is allowed to pray on the same floor and on a personal prayer mat. During the congregational praying, all worshippers must wear a cloth mask and keep a distance between them. Refer to the mosques’ protocols.
- Allocate an isolation room in the building.
- Disinfect public areas after each use.
Tracking and reporting
- With the continuous screening and isolation procedures that occur according to the approved protocols, (Tawakkalna) application is used to ensure the employee’s health status concerning COVID-19 disease. If the employee’s status is positive or in contact with a positive case, all this will appear at the application, will not be allowed to enter the workplace.
- The employee can return to work after he completely recovers and checking that by updating his status in the Tawakkalna application.
- Inform the concerned authorities in case the temperature of one of the employees is higher than 38 degrees Celsius and send the employee to a health care facility.
- In case of a positive case of Covid-19 infected, 937 should be contacted, and the contact isolation details should be left to the Ministry of Health and its protocols.
- Tawakkalna application is used according to the province emirate, to ensure a person’s (employees or visitors) health status concerning COVID-19 disease. If the person’s status is positive or in contact with a positive case, all this will appear at the application, will not be allowed to enter the workplace.
Awareness and implementation of regulations
- Educate employees on the use of self-assessment of health risks through the [Mawid] application of the Ministry of Health.
- Encourage employees to use the stairs and reduce the use of elevators, by using awareness posters.
- Put clear signs at entrances and public areas explaining the preventive protocols for employees, including standing areas.
- Designate a channel to receive opinions and feedback from employees, to report a protocol violation, or to suggest new ideas, such as: email, social media accounts, or a phone number.