Environment, prevention, social distancing
- Employees must wear masks at all times at reception stations and the accounting area.
- Encourage employees at highest risk (according to Appendix A) to work remotely from home.
- Clients and athletes must wear masks at all times
- Environmental surfaces must be disinfected every day and after each use during the work period, emphasizing on places where there is a high potential for contact such as, the reception station, pilot cabins for yachts and ships, seats, waiting areas, door handles, dining tables, and seat cushions, etc.
- Dirt must be removed with soap and water before each disinfection process. Disinfection instructions are included in “The practical guide for cleaning and disinfecting public facilities to combat Covid-19 infection” issued by the Saudi Center for Disease Prevention and Control.
- Disinfect the toilets every day with approved disinfectants.
- A schedule of disinfection times for surfaces and toilets should be kept.
- Hand sanitizers should be distributed and placed in noticeable locations, in gathering areas and corridors.
- Ensure good ventilation.
- Air filters for ventilation devices, especially air conditioners, must be changed or cleaned periodically.
- The establishment’s restaurants for cruises and sea activities should apply all restaurant protocols.
- The facilities for cruises and sea activities should apply all mosque protocols regarding health requirements for the area designated for prayers.
- Clear signs or stickers must be placed in the waiting areas, the reception area and the cashier area, to assist in the process of social distancing of at least one and a half to two meters.
- Deactivate and disable interactive screens or advisor touch screens dedicated to clients.
- Remove printed booklets and magazines
- The cruise reservation system must be activated through websites, phone calls and other means to ensure that passengers are not crowded and to make them aware in advance about the nature of the disease, ways of its transmission and ways of its prevention.
Yacht, large and small ship cruises
- With regard to small ships or small yachts, it is preferable that the visitors are friends or from one family, and the boat must be disinfected after each use while reducing the capacity by half or in a way that ensures the maintenance of social distancing between individuals and the crew of the ship.
- It is preferable to postpone cruises in large ships (Cruise) that include parties and events to a later time after the epidemic recedes due to the crowding and difficulty of controlling the movement of tourists and applying health requirements on them.
- After the return of cruises in large ships (Cruise) after the recession of the epidemic, it is allowed to operate them at full capacity while maintaining social distancing and reducing crowding, similar to hotels, as they are considered floating hotels, taking into account full compliance with the protocols of tourist accommodations and the presence of a dedicated isolation rooms for suspected cases of Covid-19 infection, as well as full compliance in all parts of the ship with the preventive protocols set for similar activities on land (restaurants, cinemas, entertainment halls, marine sports, etc.).
- Cruises that include meals should apply restaurant protocols with regard to social distancing, the number of tables set, and other health requirements.
- Cruises designated for celebrations should apply all measures of social protocols regarding the application of health requirements for wedding and event halls.
Marine sport activities such as diving, swimming, marine tanks, etc.
- Athletes must use their personal equipment such as diving and swimming gear, and not use third-party equipment those provided by the regulator.
- The use of marine tanks or others should be restricted to one person only, and the participation of more than one person should be forbidden. Marine tanks should be disinfected after each use.
- Beach swimming is allowed provided social distancing is applied.
- With regard to swimming sports competitions, please refer to protocols for exercises and gyms.
Reporting and monitoring symptoms
- With the continuous screening and isolation procedures that occur according to the approved protocols, (Tawakkalna) application is used to ensure the employee’s health status concerning COVID-19 disease. If the employee’s status is positive or in contact with a positive case, all this will appear at the application, will not be allowed to enter the workplace.
- The employee can return to work after he completely recovers and checking that by updating his status in Tawakkalna application.
- A checkpoint must be set up at the main entrance and all facilities, it should undertake for all clients of the facility checking temperature with a device approved by the General Food and Drug Authority and asking about respiratory symptoms (coughing or shortness of breath).
- Staff must disclose if they experience respiratory symptoms or fever
- Report a case that has a high temperature or respiratory symptoms (cough or shortness of breath), and is suspected of having Covid-19 disease. Specify the case’s data and contact numbers for transfer to the hospital.
- In the event that a confirmed infection is registered of an employee, the procedures and precautions mentioned in “The manual for dealing with suspected or confirmed cases of Covid-19 disease” issued by the Saudi Center for Disease Prevention and Control must be applied at the workplace.
- If there is housing for workers, prepare and designate an isolation room for suspected cases in the residence, in order for them to be isolated, so that the competent authorities can communicate with them.
Awareness and communication
- Awareness posters written in different languages should be posted at all entrances, near ticketing venues, and at visible places, and to include the following:
- Methods of disease transmission and prevention.
- Awareness of the importance of washing hands and avoiding touching the eyes, nose and mouth before washing hands, and urging attention to personal care and health care.
- Follow the etiquette of sneezing and coughing (use the tissue and dispose of it as soon as possible, use the elbow by bending the arm).
- Promote the correct use of alcohol-based hand sanitizers among staff.
- Set up a panel that includes a statement of the violations and the method for reporting them.
- Establish communication channels with a responsible employee to report any breach of requirements and to report violations in order to avoid them.
- Training of employees at the inspection points on the method of examination and the use of a temperature measurement device.
- Appointing supervisors to ensure that the requirements and guidelines are applied.
- Conducting mandatory health and safety training on COVID-19 for all employees.