Protocols for tourist accommodation facilities
Hygiene and health
- Employees must wear masks while working, at reception stations, and before entering guest rooms.
- Encourage employees at highest risk (according to Appendix A) to work from home.
- Guests must wear masks when outside the rooms, such as in the hotel lobby or reception.
- The environment surfaces must be disinfected every day, emphasizing on places where the possibility of contact is high, especially during the day, such as the reception station, waiting areas, hotel lobby, as well as door handles, dining tables, seat cushions, elevator switches, etc.
- Dirt should be removed with soap and water before the disinfection process. For disinfection, disinfectants such as sodium hypochlorite compounds are used, and the instructions shown on the product information sheet are followed in terms of concentration and method of use.
- Toilets must be disinfected every day with an approved disinfectant.
- A schedule of disinfection times for surfaces and toilets should be kept.
- Hand sanitizers should be distributed and placed visibly in gathering areas, corridors and guest rooms.
- Ensure good ventilation in all rooms and gathering places.
- Air filters for ventilators, especially air conditioners, must be changed or cleaned periodically.
- Guests’ bags and the luggage trolleys should be disinfected periodically. A worker assigned to handle this must be trained in the disinfection process.
- Hotel restaurants must apply all restaurant protocols.
- Hotels must apply all mosque protocols regarding health requirements for prayer areas.
- Hotels must apply all social protocol procedures regarding the application of health requirements for wedding and event halls.
- Hotels apply protocols for gyms and lounges regarding the reopening of the gymnasium
- Allow the massage and Moroccan bath services. The use of the sauna, steam or Jacuzzi must be limited to one person only per use. The facility must be thoroughly disinfected after each use before being used by another person, and the relevant protocols for it must be adhered to.
- Allow swimming pools in hotels with the necessity of appointing spectator to ensure the application of social distancing within the swimming pool and adherence to health protocols for sports activities.
Social distancing and remote work
- Noticeable signs or stickers must be placed on the floors of hotels or motels in the waiting areas, as well as in the reception area, in order to assist in the process of social distancing by at least one and a half meters.
- Deactivate and disable interactive screens or guide touch screens.
- Hotel’s restaurants must apply all restaurant protocols.
- Guests should inform hotel or motel staff if they experience respiratory symptoms or fever.
- Workers should disclose if they experience respiratory symptoms or fever.
- With the continuous screening and isolation procedures that occur according to the approved protocols, (Tawakkalna) application is used to ensure the employee’s health status concerning COVID-19 disease. If the employee’s status is positive or in contact with a positive case, all this will appear at the application, will not be allowed to enter the workplace.
- The employee can return to work after he completely recovers and checking that by updating his status in Tawakkalna application.
- A checkpoint must be set up at the main entrance of the hotel or motel, it should include checking temperature with a device approved by the General Food and Drug Authority and enquire about respiratory symptoms (coughing or shortness of breath) for all passengers of the facility.
- Report the case that has a high temperature or respiratory symptoms (cough or shortness of breath) and is suspected of having Covid-19 disease. And listing the case’s data and contact numbers for transfer to the hospital.
- In the event that a confirmed infection is registered among workers, the protocols approved by the Ministry of Health and the Saudi Center for Disease Prevention and Control must be applied.
- Isolation rooms should be equipped in the hotel or allocate a specific floor to isolate suspected cases or people coming from outside the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
- If there is housing for workers, an isolation room should be prepared and designated for suspected cases, in order for them to be isolated so that the competent authorities can communicate with them.
Awareness and communication
- Place awareness posters at all hotel entrances, reception, lobby, and at visible places to include the following:
- Ways of disease spreading and how to prevent it.
- Raising awareness of the importance hands washing and avoid touching the eyes, nose and mouth before washing hands, and paying attention to personal care and health care.
- Follow the etiquette of sneezing and coughing (use the tissue and dispose of it as soon as possible, use the elbow by bending the arm).
- Cultivate the correct use of alcohol-based hand sanitizer among staff.
- Setting up a board that includes a statement of violations and method of reporting them.
- Communication channels must be established to report any breach of requirements and to report violations in order to avoid them, and that will be at the level of the tourist accommodation house and the relevant ministry for monitoring activity.
- Train the employees at the inspection points on the method of examination and the use of a temperature meter.
- Appoint supervisors to ensure that the requirements and guidelines are applied.