Notice from the Ministry of Interior: This will be implemented starting at 10:00 P.M, Thursday, 22 Jumada II 1442 AH, corresponding to February 04, 2021.
- Suspending all events and parties, including weddings, corporate meetings, and the like, in banquet halls and independent wedding halls or affiliated with hotels, as well as in rental rest houses and camps that are used for those purposes, for a period of 30 days, that may be extended.
Prevention Requirements and Facility Environment
- Wedding hall workers must wear masks at all times, including workers in the reception area and cleaners.
- Attendees must wear masks at all times.
- Female workers in the reception area must disinfect hands with an approved alcohol disinfectant when conducting an inspection or taking or handling mobile phones, reduce contact and maintain social distancing between attendees in the reception area.
- The reception staff should reduce the handling of personal belongings of attendees such as Abayas and others. The attendees must be directed to put their personal items in the designated places without touching them by others.
- The lockers for storing personal belongings and mobile phones must be disinfected periodically, and each unit must be allocated to each person or family.
- Female dress-up service is allowed in wedding halls while adhering to women’s beauty salons’ protocol.
- Service is allowed for the groom’s car and attendants’ cars.
- Disinfect surfaces in the hall every day or before and after each use, with a focus on places with a high possibility for contact such as waiting areas, door handles, dining tables, seat armrests, elevator switches, etc.
- Dirt must be removed with soap and water before the disinfection process. For the disinfection, disinfectants such as sodium hypochlorite should be used, and the instructions shown on the product packaging must be followed in terms of concentration and method of use.
- Be sure to disinfect the toilets every day with disinfectants approved by the Food and Drug Authority.
- Follow the detailed instructions in “The practical guide for cleaning and disinfection for public facilities to combat Covid-19 infection” issued by the Saudi Center for Disease Prevention and Control.
- A schedule of disinfection times for surfaces and toilets should be kept.
- Hand sanitizers should be distributed and placed in visible places.
- Ensure good ventilation at all times and after using the hall.
- Air filters for ventilators, especially air conditioners, must be changed or cleaned periodically.
- Single-use utensils and cups are preferred for eating and drinking.
- With regard to food buffets, items that are frequently touched must be disposed of such as food container covers, spoons, tongs, or appoint a worker to take over the task of opening the covers and distributing food to attendees, provided that he is committed to wearing personal protective equipment such as masks and gloves.
- It is allowed to serve hospitality such as serving tea and coffee and place it on the designated tables with a commitment to wearing masks and gloves.
- The dining areas in the halls must apply all procedures of restaurant protocols regarding the application of health requirements.
- Halls in hotels and motels must apply all the procedures of the protocols for tourism accommodations.
- Halls located in the chalets must apply protocols of entertainment places.
- The permitted time for using wedding halls should not exceed five hours.
- Clear signs or stickers must be placed on the floors, in the waiting areas, and at the buffet in order to assist in the process of social distancing of at least one and a half meters.
- Put hand sanitizers next to multi-user devices such as ATMs, inquiry screens, etc.
- The tables must be organized in a way that ensures social distancing so that there is a distance of at least one and a half meters between tables.
- The number of attendees must not exceed 50.
- The hall’s capacity should be adequate to ensure the application of social spacing between tables or chairs of a distance of at least one and a half meters.
- Crowding should be prevented in the area designated for the music band. The number of people should be reduced to the lowest possible number, and social distancing must be ensured.
- Crowding must be prevented when honoring, by reducing the number on the honoring stand, and maintaining social distancing. Handshakes must be forbidden.
- Social distance must be ensured between seating places for attendees such as chairs and sofas, so that there is a distance of one and a half meters between each chair designated for sitting and the other.
- In case the seating places are fixed, signs for the places designated for sitting must be placed to ensure a distance of one and a half meters.
- Attendees must inform the hall staff if they experience respiratory symptoms or fever.
- Workers should disclose if they experience respiratory symptoms or fever.
- The (Tawakkalna) application must be used to verify the health status of people (workers and guests) concering COVID-19 disease, and accordingly, any person with a positive result, or was in a close contact with a positive case, must be prevented as shows in the application.
- A checkpoint must be set up at the main entrance to the halls that includes taking the temperature with a device approved by the Food and Drug Authority and asking about respiratory symptoms (cough or shortness of breath) for all attendees before entering the hall, except if the attendees are examined at the hotel entrances to the halls located in the tourist accommodation.
- Report a case that has a high temperature or respiratory symptoms (cough or shortness of breath) and is suspected of having Covid-19, register data and contact numbers for the case to transfer the case to hospital.
- In the event a confirmed case is registered between workers, the instructions in “The manual for dealing with suspected or confirmed cases of Covid-19 in the workplace” issued by the Saudi Center for Disease Prevention and Control must be applied.
- It is preferable to have an isolation room ready in the hotel or to allocate a specific floor to isolate suspected cases from attendees if the halls are located in hotels.
- If there is housing for workers, prepare an isolation room for suspected cases in the residential area, until competent authorities communicate with them.
- Raise awareness via posters at all entrances to the halls and in visible places, as well as in the invitation card sent to attendees, the posters should include the following:
- Methods of disease spread and prevention.
- Awareness of washing hands and avoiding touching the eyes, nose and mouth before washing hands, and urging attention to personal care and health care.
- Follow the etiquette of sneezing and coughing (use the tissue and dispose of it as soon as possible, use the elbow by bending the arm).
- Promote the culture of the correct use of alcohol-based hand sanitizer among staff.
- People with chronic diseases and the elderly should be urged not to attend wedding halls.
- Set up a board that includes a statement of violations and the method for reporting them.
- Establish communication channels to report any breach of requirements and to report violations, in order to avoid them. Appoint one of the hotel employees to be responsible for them If the hall is located in a hotel.
- Train staff at the inspection points on the method of examination and the use of a temperature meter.
- Appoint supervisors to ensure that the requirements and guidelines are applied.
- Those responsible for licensing wedding halls must ensure that the attendees apply health requirements and take an undertaking on them.
- The calling person undertakes to abide by health requirements and avoid violating them